Monday 11 June 2007

Welcome

Thanks very much for taking the time to take a look at this blog. I'm the sort of person who comes to these fads usually later on than most people, so knowing and reading a lot of blogs written by friends I decided to take the plunge and start one myself.


For those who don't know me, my name is Richard Davies and the purpose and thus title of this blog is to try and take a different look at the major issues our country and the world faces in the 21st century. I intend to use it not just to talk about politics directly but also issues of culture in a wider outlook. Personally speaking I would say I couldn’t pigeon hole myself into one particular political theory but I do have a lot of time for neo-conservatism although as a member of the UK Conservative Party it's difficult to relate this to Britain in 2007. I have lived most of my life in Stoke before moving to university in Norwich as well as spending some time living in America. Within the party I am a member in both Stone in Staffordshire and also Norwich South. I was the president of the Conservative Society at the UEA this year and am proud that under my leadership membership increased by 200% as well as the society been left in a better financial position as well as holding more events which was key to encouraging interest.


I will also sometimes copy posts into the blog of UEA Conservatives run by my good friend Paul Wells. That can be found at http://ueaconservatives.blogspot.com/

No comments: